Friday, June 12, 2009

An Independent Study in Art

School seemed to get me drawing more than almost anything else I can remember. I enjoyed that feeling, and the improvement I experienced. So I've constructed this drawing course for myself in hopes of simulating some of that. The sections of this course run in roughly three week intervals. A lot of drawing is required for each of them (several hours, at least 3-4 times a week). Each section is focused on making drawings from reference, and then the gratuitous application of what is learned in original creations. Currently, I draw mostly with Photoshop, but any medium is allowed. As I tend to de-emphasize value in many of drawings, for what I assume is simply habit, these sections require in most cases at least half of the studies to utilize value or color, and all of the developed drawings must use value/color.

No comments:

Post a Comment